Dear students & mentors!
We hope you are keeping safe and well despite the difficult circumstances created by the pandemic. Although the situation around Covid-19 is still uncertain, we would like to invite you to our traditional international student case study competition which will take place in Portoroz, Slovenia.
This year we decided to offer a free submission for original research paper to each case study team with accompanying professor/mentor. Papers presented at the 41st International Conference on Organizational Science Development will be published in peer-reviewed Conference Proceedings.
You can submit a paper for the 41st International Conference on Organizational Science Development free of charge until 20th February 2022. The link for full paper submission in the conference system remains open: https://arhiv.fov.um.si/konferenca22/en/about-conference/paper-submission/, at Payment data / Payer’s information please put the name of the Case Study Team.
The concept of a case study is a methodologically and educationally oriented challenge, aimed at integration of different theoretical concepts and situations from the real business environment, in other words, a Case Study is a documented study of specific real-life situations, used as a training tool, where students are required to analyse the prescribed case and present their solutions to the company representatives. For this reason alone, the Case Study methodology allows participants a detailed insight into a practical business-oriented problem of a studied organization or a company, through diverse discussions as a method of active learning, which promotes the implementation and development of critical and creative thinking needed in the field of management.
But case study competition isn’t just a competition. It is a chance to present yourselves as an active part of student community, meet new people and employees (or company representatives) and learn new valuable skills.
What can we offer?
– Possibility of gaining new skills and knowledge.
– An option to meet company representatives and to present your skill set.
– Receiving a certificate of attendance that you can use in your resume.
– You are excused of paying any application fees.
Time and duration
– From 16th to 24th March 2022.
– On Wednesday 16th March 2022 case giving company will present their company and this year’s case study problem via online tool MS Teams.
– You will have one week to develop a solution, so on Thursday 24th March 2022 each team will present their solution in Portoroz, Slovenia.
– The winners of the competition will be announced on the last day of the competition (24th March 2022) in Portorož, Slovenia.
– You will receive the exact agenda after your registration.
Rules and guidelines
– Teams that apply for the competition must consist at least 4 students and maximum 6 students.
– You will be presenting your solutions in English.
– Presentation of each team is limited to 15 minutes.
– At the beginning of the competition participants will be presented with the rules of case study competition (in details) and the key frameworks of a business-related problem from Slovenian company that is a sponsor of the competition.
– Students have one week to solve the problem/s.
– You can apply for the case study by March 5, 2022 via the form published on the website.
– Conference website: https://arhiv.fov.um.si/konferenca22/en/about-conference/student-case-study-competition/
– Application form: https://domino.fov.um.si/PrijavniObrazec.nsf/CaseStudy2022?OpenForm
Wednesday, 16th of March, 2022:
Thursday, 24th of March, 2022:
Thursday, 24th of March, 2022:
Timeline of Student Case Study Competition 2022 on 24th March 2022 – Congress Centre Portus, Portorož:
In case you need any help or if you have questions
Your primary assigned contact: Career Center of the Faculty of Organizational Sciences
Telephone number: +386 4 23 74 245
Email address: email@example.com